Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: New looks for Coda  (Read 1784 times)

Windjammer

New looks for Coda
« on: December 01, 2019, 01:39:38 am »
I am thinking of different ways to give coda new looks without redesigning the instrument.
Like colors , designs ,skins ,stickers and so on. Things like Karl did with the ivory  mouthpiece. Things that give Coda a collectable side. Like Karl did with the other mountain ocarinas. I would like to keep the conversation light and fun but maybe give Karl real ideas he might be able to use for future Codas.  ;) ??? :)

Like I am still looking for that gem like blue Coda.  ::) ;)
Nooooooo pressure or anything.  ;D ;)

Harp Player

Re: New looks for Coda
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 03:10:57 am »
I was looking forward to buying a clear CODA

Windjammer

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 10:33:43 am »
I was looking forward to buying a clear CODA

Me to Harp Player. I am glad you mentioned it.  ;)

Asecan

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 12:56:17 am »
How about decorative or retractable lanyards? I'd like a semi clear emerald green coda to match my Outdoor ukulele.

Harp Player

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 02:14:29 am »
How about decorative or retractable lanyards? I'd like a semi clear emerald green coda to match my Outdoor ukulele.

That is the great thing about molded plastics, different colors can be done.  The thing that would keep it from happening is volume.  I don't know if Karl moves enough CODA EDCs to make it cost effective to do that.

Wendi

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2019, 08:05:11 am »

I love this idea.  I've already crocheted a few different lanyards for mine.. it's fun to have different colours to wear. 

Samsung27

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 04:24:09 pm »
Maybe we could try different color mouthpieces too? I really like the ivory-colored mouthpiece but a few more options would be cool too.

CODAina

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 07:41:54 pm »
First I would like to wish you all a very happy new year full of joyful music and creative ideas!  I have not been too active in this forum and/or any other social media sites due to many technical issues the last of which happened last week when my old dinosaur laptop of 10 years took her last breath!  Finding my login to this site as well as many others was  a real test to my memory cells!  I guess I am exhausted because right now i cannot think for the life of me who among Karl's  selected advisory coda group suggested the use of a micro light gadget to attach to clear codas  when we 1st discussed the idea of marketing clear codas.  I thought that was a brilliant idea! ;)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 07:52:26 pm by CODAina »

Windjammer

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2019, 01:20:03 am »
First I would like to wish you all a very happy new year full of joyful music and creative ideas!  I have not been too active in this forum and/or any other social media sites due to many technical issues the last of which happened last week when my old dinosaur laptop of 10 years took her last breath!  Finding my login to this site as well as many others was  a real test to my memory cells!  I guess I am exhausted because right now i cannot think for the life of me who among Karl's  selected advisory coda group suggested the use of a micro light gadget to attach to clear codas  when we 1st discussed the idea of marketing clear codas.  I thought that was a brilliant idea! ;)

Well I found where on the old forum on July 31,2017 Karl,Ubizmo,Harp Player ,a few others and me are talking about the clear Coda and I said “ Hey! We can put lights in it and make it any color we want. “ Is that what you are referring to?   ???  ;D But I am not on the advisory group. ??? ::)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 02:44:39 am by Windjammer »

Roderick

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 02:18:27 pm »

May your computer rest in pieces Codaina   :(.

Maybe you want to use a password manager app to organize and not have to remember your passwords, they are really handy (I hear Lastpass is good).
English is not my native tongue, pardon any mistake. ;)

Windjammer

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2019, 05:56:35 pm »
Last Pass comes very highly recommended by a lot of tech people. I have not used it myself but have thought about it.

CODAina

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2019, 07:03:48 pm »
Hi guys!  Roderick...you make me laugh out loud!  FYI....my bird love his new toy....loves plucking in one quick move the keys of the deceased laptop so it is still useful ;D!  My hubby also suggested one of those memory apps, thanks for the suggestion. 

Windjammer, It was Albert  from the advisory board back in February 2018...anyways...just like that old quote: "Great minds think alike" so you and Albert had the same brilliant and colorful idea!   ;) 

Windjammer

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2020, 03:52:20 am »
Hi guys!  Roderick...you make me laugh out loud!  FYI....my bird love his new toy....loves plucking in one quick move the keys of the deceased laptop so it is still useful ;D!  My hubby also suggested one of those memory apps, thanks for the suggestion. 

Windjammer, It was Albert  from the advisory board back in February 2018...anyways...just like that old quote: "Great minds think alike" so you and Albert had the same brilliant and colorful idea!   ;)

Ok. Yes what made me think about it was our little Christmas Village had these really small lights that was battery powered. That would work great for that purpose.  ;)

Windjammer

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2020, 12:48:03 pm »
Something else that I thought about was added surface paints and dies that are safe for people and the Coda. At first I resisted this idea as something that was sorta tacky but after thinking further about it I changed my mind. Many other musical instruments all through history have been colored this way and still are.  ???

Treble Maker Carol

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2020, 09:54:18 pm »
Hello! I'm the newest newbie, at the moment, and I'm poking around trying to figure this all out...
Custom colors of CODAs sounds amazing. I was actually considering painting the sides of mine with an enamel or acrylic paint. I bought the solid black because, like a geek, I thought the shape and size reminded me the the Sliders (sci-fi show from the 90's) timer... it just needs red digital numbers near the mouthpiece, lol. Perhaps I can paint a galaxy on the side? ???
Now that I think of it, pearlescent colors would be stunning! Pearlescent emerald, baby blue, gold, pink, white.   ;D
I like the idea of clear with lights! Or at least opaque with multicolored lights!! Or crackled clear/opaque with multicolored changing lights!!!  :o Karl is gonna regret inviting us to share our opinions.  ;D