Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: New looks for Coda  (Read 1603 times)

Windjammer

Re: New looks for Coda
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2020, 01:48:34 am »
That sounds awesome Carol. I don’t know off hand and somebody can feel free to correct me but I would think acrylic paint would work great for this. Karl could tell us if there would be a issue with this as far as warranty or chemical reactions I imagine.  ???

Treble Maker Carol

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 08:01:22 pm »
That sounds awesome Carol. I don’t know off hand and somebody can feel free to correct me but I would think acrylic paint would work great for this. Karl could tell us if there would be a issue with this as far as warranty or chemical reactions I imagine.  ???

I didnt even consider chemical reactions! Well, if I mess up my CODA, I'll have to get another one... I'm sure Karl won't mind is buying more from him!  ;)  My 2 daughters have CODAs and they're not willing to do anything to mess theirs up so I guess it's up to me to experiment.

Windjammer

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2020, 12:16:23 am »
I didnt even consider chemical reactions! Well, if I mess up my CODA, I'll have to get another one... I'm sure Karl won't mind is buying more from him!  ;)  My 2 daughters have CODAs and they're not willing to do anything to mess theirs up so I guess it's up to me to experiment.

They seem to be fairly tuff and resistant to chemical reactions. Keep in mind that the airway path is the most sensitive and fragile part of the instrument. Like the fipple and labium. Also any thing that physically changes the hole size.   ???

Treble Maker Carol

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2020, 01:34:17 pm »
So far I'm thinking just a little paint around the edges.  Maybe a galaxy and some stars, maybe a Van Gogh replica... though it may look more like a Picasso...  :-\ Perhaps I should practice a bit more before permanently marking up my CODA... or perhaps I should stop worrying about aesthetics and just practice more music.  ;D

Windjammer

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 02:47:58 am »
The possibilities are endless. :)