Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: El cóndor pasa  (Read 57 times)

Karl Ahrens

• Administrator
    • View Profile
El cóndor pasa
« on: February 05, 2020, 06:40:37 pm »
On vacation in Orlando with the whole family, my wife Susan and I sneaked out for a few minutes on our last day there to make this video. At first, I wasn't going to post it because of nearby highway noise and especially because I rushed this beautiful Peruvian song. (But, hey, we were just off the sidewalk on a busy road, so I was trying to fit my song in before the next guy without a muffler drove by. :) )  In the end, I posted it anyway because these Enchant the Forest videos don't have to be perfect! The important thing is for us to get out there and do it -- and have fun & grow in the process. 

On the bright side, Susan said people walking by gave us warm smiles, and one couple even stopped to give us a nice round of applause.

Besides the video, here's some travel experiences I had with Coda. 

I really enjoyed practicing this song at night in our hotel room using my Coda Silencers. What a beautiful thing! Laying flat on my back after a long day of walking at Disney, playing my heart out -- quietly

Also, the night before I made the video, I went out and sat behind the wheel of the rental minivan to practice. I used earplugs because of the small enclosed area with hard surfaces and had a engaging practice session!  It reminded me of what a great practice studio your car can be in a pinch.   

Finally, I did a lot of silent fingering practice on the plane en route to Orlando.  I took out a book of tunes and hummed the tunes in my head while I happily fingered all the notes without lifting Coda to my mouth or blowing.  This can be surprisingly productive practice.  Anyway, I was seated in the aisle, and a guy one row back was intrigued by what I was doing, so we had a fascinating ;) talk about Coda and our experiences with music.

Harp Player

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: El cóndor pasa
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 12:49:52 am »
I just got around to giving the videos posted on this thread a listen.   My headphones have been misplaced for a while so I missed out on some good videos, but they were worth the wait.

ubizmo

• Coda Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: El cóndor pasa
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 07:48:18 am »
I've been playing this song on quena, but it sounds better on Coda !