Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: If you love me  (Read 244 times)

ubizmo

If you love me
« on: May 28, 2020, 04:53:14 pm »

This is the kind of thing I've been doing for church music, now in lockdown mode. The channel belongs to Jan, the music director. I thought some of you might be interested.

Windjammer

Re: If you love me
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2020, 04:50:22 pm »
Very nice. Did you try to do this live or did you record separate tracks and then combine them? :)

ubizmo

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2020, 06:14:39 pm »
Very nice. Did you try to do this live or did you record separate tracks and then combine them? :)

Separate tracks merged in OpenShot. It's pretty hopeless trying to do live music over zoom or something similar.

Harp Player

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 08:32:53 pm »
You did a great job on it.  The only improvement I could see that needed to be made is the Ocarina should have been turned down just a little.

Windjammer

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 01:41:57 pm »
It can be tricky getting the right balance of volume with the human voice especially with the flute family. I think small speakers carry the flute very well but the lower tones not so much.  ???

Harp Player

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 02:30:23 pm »
It can be tricky getting the right balance of volume with the human voice especially with the flute family. I think small speakers carry the flute very well but the lower tones not so much.  ???

Absolutely.  Getting a good recording and mix is as much of an art as playing or singing.  And yes different speakers have different ranges that they do best.  That is the reason professionals systems have a horn, woofer, and sub woofer.