Coda EDC Flutes Forum

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 167 times)

Spattolo

Hello everyone
« on: May 30, 2020, 10:32:20 am »
It's been a long time.
I used to love the mountain ocarinas and have been almost obsessed with them.

I never became a great player nevertheless, mostly because anxiety and the lack of a satisfying silencer system didn't allow me to practice as I wanted to. Those are two very separate reasons by the way.

I searched for "mountain ocarinas" on youtube after several years that I don't play anymore, a few days ago, and to my astonishment I found I was still "returned" as the fourth result, thanks to David Ramos, Ubizmo and BerightBart.

Well, recently I got back into music again, because... I got a son. He's two months old and seems to like simple tunes on the ocarina very much. Fortunately I realized that I didn't lost much skill, and I am still good enough to have fun with simple tunes if I don't strive too hard for accuracy.

This is a perfect excuse to get an extra instrument (actually the fact that there are some purposefully meant silencers are indeed a very practical reason, not to mention the two octaves, although those have never been a huge limitation for the tunes I played the most).

So I'll likely get a CODA with some accessories.

But so far I just wanted to drop by and say "ciao" to everybody, and spread some love to you guys which never stopped being an awesome, warm, passionate community.

Love you,
Fabio/Spattolo

Windjammer

Re: Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 01:11:53 pm »
Hey is this the Spatolo from the Old Mountain Ocarina  forum?

ubizmo

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 01:12:54 pm »
Congratulations on your baby boy, Fabio! It's great to hear from you again.

I don't use the silencers much (hardly ever) but they do work. The sound is so faint it's almost like telepathy. And once you get the hang of the extra octave, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.

Welcome back!

Spattolo

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 05:06:10 pm »
Yup windjammer, that is me. I didn't remember my old nickname correctly apparently :facepalm:.

Thanks Todd!

Windjammer

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 01:22:33 am »
I have had you on my mind for a while. Wondering what happen to you. I am glad to here you are doing well. I didn’t post much back then. I did a lot of gosting back then but I read Everybody's posts. There for a while you where a pretty prolific poster. If I remember right, you joined around 2007 or 2008. I enjoyed a lot of your posts.  :)

Spattolo

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2020, 03:36:18 pm »
Thank you very much Sir, it astonishes me to be remembered after such a long time, for the passion I had for that instrument.

Windjammer

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 02:59:56 am »
I think it was your passion that caught my attention at first. That and your humor. You always seemed to me like a very nice fellow. :)